Mint and Cumin-Spiced Lamb Chops
- With lamb rib chops, we insist you leave the fat on the bone.
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 medium onions, peeled, quartered
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ras-el-hanout or garam masala
- Kosher salt
- 24 untrimmed lamb rib chops (about 5 lb.)
- Vegetable oil (for grilling)
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Pulse onions, cilantro, parsley, mint, cumin, paprika, allspice, red pepper flakes, and ras-el-hanout in a food processor until very finely chopped; season with salt. Place lamb in a large dish and rub with spice mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil grate. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
Do Ahead: Lamb can be marinated 12 hours ahead. Keep chilled.