Chicken and Sausage Manicotti
Simple and delicious mar/apr 2010
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 jars 26oz each spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 package 8oz uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 lb fully cooked italian sausage links; halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions in oil until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
Sprinkle chicken with basil and chicken seasoning. Stuff chicken into uncooked manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in 13x9 baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce; sprinkle with sausage. Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with cheeses.
Cover and bake casserole at 375 for 55-65 minutes or until bubbly and pasta is tender.