Opah Fish oven roasted with Vegetables
- 4 fillets Opah, about 1 inch thick
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 red or yellow peppers, stemmed and seeded, cut in 3/4 inch chunks
- 2 medium shallots, quartered
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried
- 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly sprinkle the fish with salt and black pepper. Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a rectangular baking dish. Arrange fish one layer in dish, turning to coat with olive oil. Toss remaining ingredients, except lemon juice, in a large bowl with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Scatter the vegetables around the fish. Squeeze the lemon over the fish and vegetables and sprinkle with additional black pepper. Bake in oven until fish is just cooked through, about 30 minutes.
To serve, remove fish from oven. Serve with lemon wedges.