Black Bean soup with Sausage
Slow-cooker recipe from ALL YOU magazine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (3 oz.) hot Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Combine onion mixture, beans (with their liquid), salsa and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Stir well and cook on low for 5 hours.
Stir sausages into bean mixture in slow cooker and cook for 1 hour longer.
Using tongs, remove sausages to a cutting board, cut into bite-size pieces and then return to slow cooker. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve soup hot in bowls, with chopped avocado and a dollop of sour cream on top, if desired.
Fat: 11g (sat 3g)
You'll also love
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Noodle Parmesan from Lori 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mile High Strawberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausages with Kale and White Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Lentils 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage, Chestnut & Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)