Spice Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Spice mix:
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- a good pinch or two of cayenne pepper (less if you are frightened of hot stuff)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach, washed, dried and shredded
- 1/2 cup plain, natural yogurt mixed with juice of a lemon, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard and a tablespoon of good extra virgin olive oil, plus salt and pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Heat the oven to 220. Put all the spices in a small bowl and stir well.
2. Wash and dry the cauliflower, then sit it on a chopping board, stem end down.
3. Cut into 1 inch slices - some will break into little bits, others will stay whole.
4. Cut out and discard any big bits of stem.
5. Transfer the cauliflower into a large bowl, tip in the chickpeas (if using), the spices and the olive oil.
6. Mix well, using your hands, until everything is well coated.
7. Tip into a large roasting dish and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and crispy.
8. Set it aside to cool slightly.
Put the prepared spinach in a serving bowl, tip the cauliflower and chickpeas on top, then drizzle the yogurt dressing on top.