Cheesy Baked Ziti
Who can resist this home style favorite? Enjoy it hot from the oven with crusty bread on the side
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain in a colander.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare beef. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain beef in a colander.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. In a large bowl, combine beef, pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, and parsley. Mix well.
4. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Pour 1/4 cup tomato sauce into an 8-inch square baking pan. Spread over bottom of pan. Spread pasta mixture over sauce. Top with remaining tomato sauce and Parmesan.
5. Bake pasta until heated through and sauce bubbles, about 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.