Prosciutto-Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts rolled up with prosciutto, mozzarella, and fresh basil, seared and baked, sliced into medallions and served on top of fettuccine with a butter and garlic sauce.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, about 4 ounces
- 8 slices provolone cheese, about 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Snipped fresh basil (optional)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
Place 2 slices of the prosciutto, 2 slices of the provolone cheese, and a few basil leaves on each chicken piece. Fold in sides; roll up chicken. Secure each roll with a wooden toothpick.
In a large oven-safe skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken rolls. Cook about 6 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot pot; cover and keep warm.
Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. In the same skillet combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, butter, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cooked pasta; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese; toss gently to coat.
To serve, remove toothpicks from chicken rolls. Slice each chicken roll; arrange chicken and pasta on dinner plates. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and, if desired, garnish with additional basil.
You'll also love
- Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Rice-A-Roni Salad 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Chicken Liver,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cooking Light Blueberry Pound Cake 3.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Chicken in Gravy 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ginger Chicken Delight 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Orzo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts With... 2.9/5 (7 Votes)