Chicken With Two Peppers And Noodles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 chicken breast halves, 2" thick halved again
- 1 red green bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 green bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bag dried egg noodles - (12 to 16 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Fontinella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker, heat oil. Add onion and saute in hot oil 3 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, chicken pieces and peppers. Saute over high heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, pepper and herbs. Add noodles and stir again.
Close the lid and bring pressure to the second red ring (15 pounds pressure) over high heat. Insert a heat diffuser between pan and heat source to keep the dish from scorching. Immediately reduce heat to maintain pressure at the second red ring and cook 10 minutes.
Release pressure using Cold Water Release Method. Remove lid.
Discard bay leaf. Stir chicken and noodle mixture and transfer to a serving bowl.
Combine cheeses. Sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe yields 6 servings.