Summer Macaroni Salad
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. water or 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 small sweet yellow, orange, or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, water, vinegar, sugar and seasonings until blended. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, peppers, onion and celery. add 1 cup dressing; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate covered for 2 hours or until cold. Cover and refrigerate the remaining dressing to add just before serving.
To serve, stir in reserved dressing. Sprinkle with parsley.