Cheddar, Cucumber & Marmelade Sandwiches
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Cheddar or Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from cooking.nytimes.com
Spread the bread slices with butter and then a very thin layer of marmalade. Top 4 slices with cheese and cucumber and then with the remaining bread.
Variation: Substitute Branston pickle for the marmalade.