- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage cooked, and drained of fat
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (abt 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese - (abt 1 oz)
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet. To make filling, mix together sausage, cheeses, mushroom, and spices; set aside.
Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured 20-inch long sheet of waxed paper. Roll into a 9- by 15-inch rectangle using a floured rolling pin. Spread filling down center of pastry sheet. Fold pastry over filling, folding short sides in first, then fold over the 2 large sides, envelope style. Pinch seams closed. Place seam-side down onto prepared baking sheet. Remove waxed paper. Brush with melted butter.
Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into slices.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.