Beef with Peppers
Chinese dish served over white rice
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 pound beef cut in small thin pieces (strips)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional - 1 small diced onion
- 1 cup soup stock (bouillon)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup green peppers sliced lengthwise
- (Red, orange, and yellow peppers may be mixed with the green)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped fine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oil and brown strips of beef and fry 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
optional - cook small diced onion with beef until tender.
Add cup soup stock and continue to cook beef a few minutes.
Mix together in a bowl cornstarch, soy sauce and water, until combined well.
Pour in with cooking beef and cook until it begins to thicken.
Add green pepper and fresh ginger and heat thoroughly.
Serve over white rice.
You'll also love
- Cherry Sunshine Cupcakes 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pat's Picnic Potato Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ham &... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe