- 2 cups Basic Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 cup Gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup caper berries - (abt 12) drained
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets scaled, rinsed, bones removed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat Basic Tomato Sauce, olives, caper berries, pepper flakes and white wine to boil. Portion snapper into four equal pieces. Season with salt and pepper and place skin-side up into skillet with sauce. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, until just cooked through and remove from oven.
Place one portion on each of four plates, spoon over one quarter of sauce and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.