Tamara's Crab-Stuffed Grouper
Tamara Suarez calls this dish "an aphrodisiac" and says she'd love to make it for Hillary Clinton. We can only imagine why.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup crab claw meat (picked over to remove shells)
- Ground cumin to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste, divided
- 2 grouper fillets, about 6 ounces each
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine
In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add
bell pepper, onion and jalapeno pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until
golden. Remove to a bowl. Add crab meat, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
Toss lightly and set aside.
Cut a deep pocket in the side of each grouper fillet. Stuff pockets with
crab mixture. Sprinkle fillets with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour. Heat remaining olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets and cook until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 2 more minutes.
Remove fillets from skillet and keep warm. Add butter, garlic and parsley to skillet. Cook briefly. Add white wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by about half. Pour sauce over fillets and serve. Serve with black beans, rice and a field green salad.
You'll also love
- "Kelsey's" 4 Cheese Spinach Dip 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Herb Encrusted Rack of Lamb with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Portuguese-Style Haddock Stew with... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Pecan-Crusted Haddock 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Rocky Point Amusement Park's Clam... 3.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Crab Puffs 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe