Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce
Low in carbs but big in flavor. This Teriyaki Sauce make a great glaze for red or white meats and fish.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar (or less, depending on how sweet you like it, use Splenda for the South Beach Diet)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger puree or fresh grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree or fresh garlic, finely diced
Put soy sauce, water, Splenda, brown sugar (if using), ginger puree, and garlic puree in small saucepan and simmer about 15 minutes, until reduced by about 1/3 to 1/2.