Rhubarb Custard Bars
MAKES: 36 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl.
Whisk in cream and eggs.
Stir in the rhubarb.
Pour over crust.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until custard is set.
For topping, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
Spread over top.
Cover and chill.
Cut into bars.
Store in the refrigerator.