Spicy Drunken Noodles
- The Sauce:
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 Tb. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tb. soy sauce
- 2 Tb. brown sugar
- The Noodles:
- 1 lb. Egg Noodles (or rice noodles)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced into thin bite-size pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 –3 Thai chiles (or 1–2 jalapeños)-I used two Hawaiian chili peppers and they were nice and hot
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup, loose Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup green onion tops, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Coconut oil for cooking
Adapted from youtube.com
Mix the sauce together in a small bowl. Use 3 tablespoons of sauce to marinade chicken in separate bowl. Set aside.
Boil a large pot of water and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
Heat the wok (or a large skillet) to high heat. Add a teaspoon of oil and quickly scramble eggs. Push the eggs up the side of the wok and add the chopped onions, thai chiles, and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the chicken. Stir fry until just barely cooked through (3-5 minutes) and push the mixture up the side of the wok. *If using a skillet, transfer the cooked items to a separate dish.
Add the bell peppers and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Mix all the ingredients and pour the drained noodles over the top. Add the remaining sauce, Thai basil, tomatoes, and green onions. Toss and stir fry another minute. Then remove from heat and serve warm.