Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Three-Cheese Sauce
This recipe is so easy even the pre-teens can do this on their own with just a minor supervision from adults. This is a pasta recipe using three cheese (Parmesan, Romano and Cheddar)and chicken as the main ingredient aside from the tomato sauce. An alternative to red-meat (ground beef-based) spaghetti.
- 500 g. spaghetti or any pasta of your choice (uncooked)
- 2 T. Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T. butter (optional)
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- 2 T. minced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 500 g. ground chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 T. chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- dash of salt and pepper
- 4 packs 250 g spaghetti sauce
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- 1 or 2 T. Romano
- 2 T. grated Cheddar cheese
- or you can substitute 4 packs of 250 g. Three-Cheese Pasta Sauce for the 4 ingredients indicated by asterisk (*)*
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
2. Saute garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes and red bell pepper in oil. Add a dash of sugar, salt and spice (finely ground black pepper)I usually do this to let the flavor out from the garlic, to caramelized the minced onions and make the tomatoes pasty. Add the dried basil leaves then the ground chicken breast. I usually buy the breast part and have it de-boned then ground but you can also use chicken sliced in small cubes.Saute until golden brown.
4. Pour table wine and the spaghetti sauce then sprinkle with the three-cheese or you can use the available and ready three-cheese pasta sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Toss in cooked pasta and sprinkle with your choice of cheese.
serves 6 to 8
You'll also love
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Waffles with Caramel... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Delicious Sweet Summer Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Spicy Pasta With Tilapia 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Balsamic Mushroom Pasta 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Mercy Mushroom Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)