Snapper Vera Cruz
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 of a 4-oz can chopped green chiles drained, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus extra
- for garnish
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 6 stuffed green olives sliced
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes, chiles, and cilantro. Cook 10 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.
Arrange snapper fillets in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce evenly over fish. Top with olives and capers. Cover with foil.
Bake 20 minutes, just until fish is cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 48 grams
Fat: 17.5 grams