Maggiano’s Fettuccine Alfredo
- Lighter Take Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- Serves 4-6
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 16 oz Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Corn starch
- 9 oz Rolled flat pasta sheets (i.e. lasagna sheets – available online)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 8 oz Asparagus, fresh
- 2 Tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Adapted from blog.maggianos.com
Place butter, Asiago cheese, heavy cream, minced garlic, salt and pepper into a sauce pan and simmer.
Combine the corn starch with cold chicken broth using a whisk. Add this mixture to the Alfredo sauce made in the previous step. Bring back to a simmer and hold until ready to serve
Prepare pasta as directed on the box to the al dente stage about 10 minutes before you plan to cook the entire pasta dish. Drain pasta in colander, getting rid of excess water. Then toss in an 8 quart bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Allow to cool to room temperature. Place sheets on a cutting board and cut into ½ inch strips, creating your fettuccine.
Rub chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on hot grill for 2 minutes, rotate for 2 more minutes, flip chicken over and grill for 2 minutes, then rotate and grill for 2 more minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Remove from grill. Place on cutting board and make 4 slices across the chicken and one down the center creating 10 bite sized pieces.
Wash your asparagus and drain. Place on a cutting board and trim off the bottom 1-2 inches and discard. Cut the remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces and reserve for pasta.
Place the sauce in a large sauté pan. Add grilled chicken and asparagus to sauce and bring to a slow simmer. Add cut lasagna sheets and toss pasta.
Serve pasta in a large serving dish and garnish with fresh chives and 2 tablespoons of Asiago cheese.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Mint Sorbet 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Lazy Morning Sausage Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Penne with Garlicky Greens 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Noodles 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Ziti in Mornay Sauce with... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- ZuNoodles Fettucini 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe