Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz egg noodles (I used THIS kind)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles and parsley in a slow cooker.
2.Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and chop.
3.Add egg noodles, parsley and lemon juice to slow cooker, and cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Return chicken to slow cooker, and serve.