- 7 cups cubed seeded watermelon - (to 8)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Purée the watermelon in a food processor in 2-cup batches. You should have about 4 cups of purée. Press the purée through a strainer to remove fibrous material and seeds (even seedless watermelon has some seeds).
Transfer the juice to a 10-inch nonstick skillet, bring it to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat and simmer until thick, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring from time to time. Watch carefully toward the end to prevent scorching.
During the last five minutes of cooking, stir in the vinegar, mace, cloves and cinnamon. Taste and add more spices if you like.
This recipe yields 1/2 cup for 8 to 10 servings.
Each serving: 40 calories; 3 mg. sodium; 0 mg. cholesterol; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams protein; 0 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- WATERMELON CRAWL 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Beverage: Watermelon Killer Chiller 4.6/5 (50 Votes)