Hobo Pack With Mushrooms Italiano
- 1 pound small fresh white mushrooms
- 1 large red onion cut thin wedges
- 1/4 pound thinly-sliced Prosciutto di Parma cut thin strips (1/4 lb smoked ham, cut thin strips)
- 2 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag prewashed spinach - (10 oz)
Lay 2 sheets of heavy-duty foil, each 24 inches long, one on top of each other.
Trim mushroom stems. Combine mushrooms, onion, prosciutto and garlic in the center; arrange the spinach leaves on top; lay a third length of heavy-duty foil on the top. Fold the edges of the foil sheets to securely close the pack.
Grill until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
Serve over slices of grilled or toasted Italian bread, if desired.
This recipe yields 3 1/2 cups for 4 servings.