Protocol Droid Pasta
- 4 ounces dried multi-colored pasta (cappelini or spaghetti is best)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) low-fat chicken stock
- 2 cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan
- 2 pine nuts
1. Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, pour the chicken stock into a sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, until the stock is reduced by half.
3. Place the cauliflower, water, and turmeric in a pan and boil of 5 minutes on the stove.
4. Turn on the oven broiler or toaster oven. With a knife or kitchen shears, trim one slice of bread into the shape of C-3PO’s head plate and the other into a mouth plate. Brush both side of each piece with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, and toast in oven until browned.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and place it in a large bowl. Pour the reduced chicken stock over the pasta and sprinkle parmesan and salt on top. Using tongs, toss the pasta until coated. Mound the pasta onto a plate in a face shape.
6. When the cauliflower is cooked, place the florets slightly above the center of the face for eyes. Place a pine nut in the center of each floret to make pupils.
7. Place the garlic toast head and mouth plates as shown.
8. Sprinkle with additional parmesan and enjoy!