Fabulous Chicken Tortellini Bake
- 1 (9-oz) package three-cheese tortellini (or three-cheese ravioli)
- 1 (24-oz) jar vodka pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper bruschetta topping (or roasted red peppers)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 (6-oz) package refrigerated Italian cheese bread crumb mix (I used canned Vigo Italian cheese bread crumbs)
- 1-1/4 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Adapted from publix.com
1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss pasta with vodka sauce and bruschetta topping; place in 9-inch square baking dish.
2.Place eggs in shallow bowl; place bread crumb mix in second bowl. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture; press with fingertips to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of pasta (wash hands). Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
3.Top pasta with cheese; bake 2-3 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F and cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Chop basil; sprinkle over top and serve.
Serve with Caesar Salad & garlic bread! WONDERFUL!!!
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Au Gratin 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Basil and Garlic Pork Chops 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken & Gnocchi Soup – Olive... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Tortellini Yum 4.5/5 (38 Votes)