Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs green curry paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/3 tbs fish sauce
- 2 red and/or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 oz thin rice or cellophane noodles
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1-2 tbs fresh lime juice, more to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion, stir occasionally, until lightly brown, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic and curry paste, cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and chop into about 2 inch pieces.
Add broth coconut milk and fish sauce, mix, cover and bring to a boil.
Add peppers and noodles, cook 3 minutes.
Add chicken, simmer until just cooked, about 3 minutes.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro.