Palomino Crab Dip
- HERB BREAD CRUMBS:
- 1/4 day-old baguette
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages frozen artichoke hearts - (8 oz ea) thawed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked Dungeness crab meat
- 1/2 small white onion sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped parsley
For the Herb Bread Crumbs: Cut baguette into 1-inch cubes. Place in food processor and process to coarse (about 3/8-inch) crumbs. Do not over-process crumbs. Combine bread crumbs, butter, garlic, rosemary, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano and marjoram. Mix until butter is evenly distributed and absorbed by bread crumbs.
For the Dip: Combine mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, crab meat, onion and salt. Mix well. Place crab mixture in 9-inch square casserole and top with Herb Bread Crumbs and cheese.
Bake at 500 degrees until very hot and bubbly, 5 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice over top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Palomino restaurant serves this with herbed pizza crust wedges but you may serve it with water crackers, any plain or seeded crackers or sliced crusty French bread.
This recipe yields 5 cups dip.
Each tablespoon: 37 calories; 66 mg sodium; 4 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.08 gram fiber.