Seared Scallops With Lemon, Garlic And Fresh Dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large sea scallops rinsed, blotted dry
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Hot cooked white rice for serving
Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When very hot, add scallops in single layer without overcrowding. Cook until well browned on 1 side, about 2 minutes. Shake pan to avoid sticking. Use tongs to turn, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until browned and slightly firm to touch, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Use tongs to transfer scallops to warm dish. Remove skillet from heat to cool slightly.
Combine zest, garlic and juice in small bowl. Add to slightly cooled skillet. Cook over medium heat until hot, about 5 seconds, scraping up bits from skillet. Stir in butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over scallops. Garnish with dill. Serve hot over rice.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Each serving, scallops only: 195 calories; 332 mg sodium; 43 mg cholesterol; 16 grams fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams protein; 0.01 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Gypsy Cafe Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Canter's Potato Salad 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Celery Root, Carrot And Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Mushroom Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flank Steak With Garlic Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Adwoa's Fish Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)