Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh (choose organic to avoid GMOs)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 cans (15-ounce) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Adapted from simplyorganic.com
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and diced pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine spices and mix. Add to the pot with corn and peppers and mix until combined.
3. Add two cans of beans and 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth to the pot and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender puree remaining can beans. Add remaining vegetable broth to thin the beans out. Add pureed beans to pot and mix. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Add lime juice and serve with your favorite chili toppings.