- 2 cups cooked firm fish such as
- albacore, yellowfin or swordfish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns lightly crushed
- 1 bay leaf broken
- into 2 to 3 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small dried chile such as chile de arbol broken
- in 2 to 3 pieces
- Water as needed
Break fish into bite-size chunks and place in deep glass bowl. Add oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and chile to bowl and mix with fish. Add enough water just to cover fish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Will keep 1 week.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Each serving: 74 calories; 159 mg sodium; 10 mg cholesterol; 5 grams fat; 1 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams protein; 0.04 gram fiber.