Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh beef brisket
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
Preparation time 25mins
1. For cooking liquid, in a bowl combine water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, bouillon granules, dry mustard, chili powder, red pepper, and garlic. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid for sauce; set aside in the refrigerator. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut brisket to fit into a 3-1/2 or 4-quart crock pot. Place meat in cooker. Pour remaining liquid over brisket.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
3. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup reserved liquid, catsup, brown sugar, and butter. Heat and pass sauce with meat.
Note: For a 5 or 6-quart crock pot: Double the cooking liquid ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup for sauce. Leave all other ingredient amounts the same. Prepare as above.