Slow cooker three cheese broccoli soup
serves 8: 390 a serving
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 bag (14 oz) frozen baby broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 oz) prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- Additional shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, if desired
Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion in butter 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Stir in broth, broccoli, pepper and salt.
2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until bubbly.
3Add cheese cubes to slow cooker; stir until melted. Add 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle individual servings with additional Cheddar cheese.