Stir-Fried Spicy Chicken Tenders
bag of frozen peppers and onions can be a quick start to a stir-fry; here, it's combined with almost fat-free chicken tenders for a speedy dinner. Serve this dish with warm polenta rounds or brown rice.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces (see Variation)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 16-ounce package frozen bell pepper and onion mix
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from EVERYDAYHEALTH.COM
1. Combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pepper-and-onion mix and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the spice-rubbed chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Variation: Make Stir-Fried Spicy Beef by using 1 pound of stir-fry beef or thinly sliced top round steak instead of chicken in this dish.
TIPS & NOTES
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 up to 1 day ahead.
Per serving: 196 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 2 g fiber; 392 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.
You'll also love
- Pear & Cranberry Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Greek Salad with Feta and Tuna 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Bratwurst and Onions with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork and Pink Bean Soup with Corn... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken and Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets 0/5 (0 Votes)