Beef & Blue Pizza
The classic flavor combination of roast beef and blue cheese with sweet pepper and red onion makes this pizza the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Italian bread shell (such as Boboli)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pizza seasoning (optional)
Cooking time 18mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Position oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is just tender. Place bread shell on baking sheet; brush with remaining olive oil. Bake 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, stack beef slices on cutting board; slice into strips. Top shell with beef, sweet pepper, onion, cheese, and pizza seasoning. Change oven setting to broil. Broil pizza 4 to 5 minutes or until toppings are heated through and crust is browned. Cut in wedges. Serves 4.