French Dip Sandwiches
If you like beef sandwiches, and who doesn't, you are going to love this adaption of a traditional beef dip. The whole house smells awesome and you'll be hungry all day waiting for dinner time.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef roast (Top or bottom Round are good; or something really marbled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 ounces dry onion soup mix (2-Packages)
- 2 cans (or 1 Box) beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- Bread and cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 620mins
Adapted from ourbestbites.com
Prepare the meat for searing by cutting into 2 or 3 pieces (so that it will fit into your pot or dutch oven). Then season all sides generously with Salt and Pepper.
Heat the Olive Oil in your pot or dutch oven on high heat. Then sear the meat on all sides (make it good and crispy)
Transfer meat to your Crock Pot and add in the broth, water and bullion cubes. Finally, sprinkle in the onion soup mix.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for like 2 to 3 hours (or it starts bubbling), then low for 4 to 5 more.
You will know it's done when you put a fork in it and it falls apart. At that point, shred and get ready to chomp! I put on toasted sandwich rolls with Havarti and Garlic Rosemary Mayo.
You'll also love
- Roasted Chicken Stock 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Candied Bacon Toffee 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Ham with 5-Ingredients 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Poached Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- French Dip Tortilla Roll Ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe