Pork Teko Teko
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 4 pork tenderloins - (6 oz ea) trimmed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly-ground white peppercorns to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Mushroom Sauce (see below)
- Lemon to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms tops finely sliced, stems finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Meat concentrate to taste
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 sprig parsley leaves chopped
- Cayenne pepper to garnish
Preheat broiler. Stick a skewer down center of pork fillets from thick end. Season with salt and pepper and wrap with strips of bacon. Brush with oil and broil about 8 minutes each side.
To serve, slide from skewer and slice into medallions. Serve in sauce. Garnish with lemon and parsley.
Mushroom Sauce: Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add mushroom stems and continue to cook. Mix in arrowroot and then white wine, hot water, and meat concentrate. Bring to a boil. Add sliced mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley and cayenne pepper at last moment.
This recipe yields 4 servings.