Honey-Balsamic Roasted Carrots From 'The Glorious Vegetables of Italy'
- 1 pound (455 g) carrots, cut in half crosswise, each half cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon good-quality flavorful honey
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from seriouseats.com
Heat the oven to 375°F. Put the carrots in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and 2 teaspoons vinegar. Pour over the carrots. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a generous grinding of pepper. Toss gently to combine. Roast the carrots for 10 minutes; toss, and roast for 15 minutes more, or until the carrots are tender and browned in spots. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle a few more drops of vinegar and some sea salt on top. Serve hot or warm.