- 1-1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 box of penne
- Jar of Alfredo sauce (I used about 3/4 of the jar)
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Up to a 1/2 cup of milk
- Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
In small bowl mix Alfredo sauce and pesto, thin to desired consistently with milk. Season with pepper (and maybe a little Parmesan cheese). Blend well and set aside.
Sauté chicken and garlic in olive oil, in large deep sided pan, season generously with salt and pepper.
Once chicken is no longer pink, add spinach and tomatoes.
Once spinach wilts, add pasta and stir to combine.
Pour sauce over pasta mixture and stir.
Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan and some crusty bread!