Baked Shrimp Fettuccine
Shrimp in cheese sauce with garlic and onions over fettuccine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion (approximately 1.5 cups), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T flour
- 1 C dry white wine
- 2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 C half & half
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Begin preparing fettuccine according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onions and saute until clear over medium heat.
Clear a small spot in the middle of the pan and add garlic, cooking it until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
Add flour and mix well.
Add wine, mixing thoroughly, then add shrimp.
Cook shrimp until almost translucent, then add half & half and cheese.
Melt cheese, stirring frequently. Do not allow sauce to become too thick.
Add Old Bay seasoning to taste.
Place cooked, drained fettuccine in 13x9 baking dish.
Pour shrimp and cheese sauce over fettuccine, mixing gently by lifting pasta to allow sauce to cover it completely.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese, as desired.
Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning before serving.
You'll also love
- skillet potatoes with peppers... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Streuseled sweet potato 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Pepper & Onion 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- STUFFED TUNA BREAD 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Boston Lettuce and Fettuccine 4.5/5 (6 Votes)