GARDEN PASTA PIE
Roughly 3 oz. dry pasta equals 1 Cup cooked
- Weight Watcher's Garden Pasta Pie - 6 Servings 6 Points Plus each
- Adapted for the Points Plus system 2/27/2011 from "The Pasta Plan" 1993
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Cups cooked linguine (15Pts)
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tsp dried basil
- 1/4 Tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Cup park-skim ricotta cheese (12 Pts)
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese (4 Pts)
- 1 Large egg lightly beaten (2 Pts)
- 2 Medium tomatoes cored & thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 Ounces. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 Pts)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In small non-stick skillet heat oil; add onion & garlic. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, 3 minutes.
3. Transfer onion to medium bowl. Add linguine, parsley, lemon juice & 1/2 tsp each oregano & basil. Add pepper & toss well.
4. In another bowl combine ricotta, 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, the egg and remaining oregano & basil; stir into linguine mixture until blended.
5. Place half the linguine mixture in prepared pan. Arrange half the tomato & zucchini slices on top. Add remaining linguine mixture. Top with the rest of the tomato & zucchini; sprinkle with mozzarella & remaining parmesan cheese. Cover with foil & place on parchment covered baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil & bake until golden, 5 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Cook's Note: I like to pre-cook the zucchini a little to soften; use fresh basil in place of dried; substitute summer squash or use both; split the linguine mixture into thirds to have two layers of vegetables inside. Adjust points value to increase to 8 servings or decrease to 4 servings depending on your appetite.