Banana Bread - Dairy Free
- 1 cup Honey*
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Margarine
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Bananas (3 or 4)
- 1 tbls Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Cream honey with margarine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and lemon juice. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add and Mix quickly. Bake in greased 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan at 350 about 1 hour, or until done when tested. Cool on rack.
1. Use equal amounts of honey for sugar up to one cup. Over one cup, replace each cup of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 cup over honey depending upon the sweetness desired.
2. Lower the baking temperature 25 degrees and watch your time carefully since products with honey brown faster.
3. In recipes using more than one cup honey for sugar, it may be necessary to reduce liquids by 1/4 cup per cup of honey.
4. In baked goods, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per cup of honey if baking soda is not already included in the recipe. This will reduce the acidity of the honey, as well as increase the volume of your product.