- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 flat tostada shells, packaged or homemade
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Cilantro sprigs
- 2 limes, quartered
Adapted from Epicurious.com
Prepare the Crabmeat Put the crabmeat in a bowl. Pick through it with your fingers to remove any cartilage.
Combine the Ingredients Add the oil, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime zest and juice to the crabmeat. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, gently fold (or toss) all ingredients until well blended. Season well with salt and pepper.
Assemble and Serve Top each tostada shell with a few slices of avocado, place a generous serving of the crabmeat mixture over it, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve each with a lime wedge.