Southwestern Chicken Scaloppine
An Italian inspired dish with a fun southwestern twist. Add red pepper sauce for an extra kick. Serve with a side of rice.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1 1/4-pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce, if desired
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place chicken breast half with smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken. Cut chicken into smaller pieces if desired.
In shallow dish, mix flour, cumin and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Reserve 1 teaspoon flour mixture.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
In small bowl, stir reserved 1 teaspoon flour mixture into broth. Gradually stir broth mixture and red pepper sauce into skillet. Heat to boiling; stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Serve sauce over chicken.
You'll also love
- Paleo Comfort Foods' Chicken... 4.3/5 (202 Votes)
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.1/5 (265 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake... 4.3/5 (199 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala 3.9/5 (353 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff -... 4.1/5 (155 Votes)
- Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe