Slow Cooker Turkey Soup
Carbohydrates 6.1 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Fat 9.5 g
Saturated fat 2.6 g
Sodium 177 mg
Protein 30 g
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 ribs celery, trimmed and chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium-large winter squash, peeled and cubed (butternut, banana, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Italian herbs
- cold water
Adapted from webmd.com
1. Turn the slow cooker on High.
2. Rinse the turkey breast in cold water and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with chopped garlic, onion, celery, carrots, squash. Season the goodies with sea salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Add the vinegar. Pour fresh cold water over the turkey and veggies until submerged.
3. Cover and cook on high until the turkey falls apart using a fork. This could be anywhere from 4 to 5 hours, depending upon the size of your Crock Pot and the size of your turkey breast.
4. Remove the piece of skin and discard. Pull apart the cooked turkey into pieces, using two forks or a big spoon.
5. Stir and serve with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley.