Spicy Smothered Shrimp
- 1 10 oz. can rotel tomatoes
- 3 T butter
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c chopped green onion
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- hot cooked rice
Food process the rotel tomatoes until smooth and set aside.
In a large saucepan heat butter and olive oil and sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook 6-8 minutes and stir in the tomatoes. Simmer 25-30 minutes.
Stir in shrimp, parsley, and green onion. Cook until shrimp are pink and firm about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over rice.