Gingersnap Crusted Salmon
Cookies for dinner AND dessert is where it’s at.
- 1 pound of fresh (or thawed) salmon, cut into 4 pieces (or 4 separate filets)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 15 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup regular seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then set a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray.
In a bowl, lightly beat the egg whites, then set aside. In another bowl, combine gingersnaps, bread crumbs, and flour, stirring to combine.
Season salmon with salt and pepper. Dip each piece in egg white to coat, then dredge through the bread crumbs mixture, really pressing to adhere. Gently place on the wire rack and repeat with the others. Lightly spritz each piece with nonstick spray or mist with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake (spritzing again with spray) for 10-12 more, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes.
Note: if fish skeeves you out, you can sub chicken instead.