Meaty Mushroom Chili
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced (6 cups)
- 1 can stewed diced tomatoes with jalapeños - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook and stir beef until browned; drain any fat. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, garlic and salt; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cooked, about 10 minutes.
Serve topped with shredded cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Marinated Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)