Easy Mushroom Salad
- 3 pounds fresh mushrooms rinsed, sliced
- 1 cup ripe olives sliced or chopped
- 1 cup green olives sliced or chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 package Good Season Italian Salad Dressing Mix prepared (or any Italian Dressing)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large sauce pan, add lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook mushrooms about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally do not over cook. Drain mushrooms and let them cool.
Combine mushrooms, olives and onion in large bowl. Pour on salad dressing, mixing well and let cool (covered) in refrigerator for a few hours or over night. Serve chilled.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
If salt is desired, add it at the end of cooking time to lessen the chance of toughness.
To keep light color of mushrooms when you saute, do not use black iron pan or aluminum pan as the tend to darken the color of mushrooms.
Due to their delicacy, mushrooms do not need to be cooked over 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)