Tamari-Glazed Steak With Fresh Mushroom Pasta
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan sauce
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and halved - (abt 5 cups)
- 1 cup cube-cut tomatoes (or halved cherry tomatoes)
- 1 pound flank or boneless sirloin steak
In small bowl, mix tamari sauce and Szechuan sauce. Place steak in shallow bowl or platter; pour half of sauce mixture over steak; cover and refrigerate to marinate 45 minutes. Preheat rack for outdoor grill or broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add broccoli; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and remaining half of sauce. Add mushroom-broccoli mixture to drained pasta; toss well. Cover to keep warm.
Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan; discard marinade in bowl. Grill or broil, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Thinly slice steak on diagonal, serve with fresh mushroom pasta.
This recipe yields 4 servings.