1973 Teddie's Apple Cake
- 1 pat Butter for greasing pan
- 3 cups flour - plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced (like Honeycrisp or Granny Smith)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch tube pan.
Beat the oil and sugar together in a mixer (fitted with a paddle
attachment) while assembling the remaining ingredients. After about 5
minutes, add the eggs and beat until the mixture is creamy.
2. Sift together 3 cups of flour, the salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
Stir into the batter. Add the vanilla, apples, walnuts and raisins
and stir until combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15
minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan before turning out. Serve at room temperature with
vanilla ice cream, if desired. Serves 8.